Week 4 Blog Review: Why Teachers and Students Should Blog

image

This week I read a blog post form Hanna Shekhter called Why Teachers and Students Should Blog on Edudemic. I really like this blog, I think that she makes a ton of good points about the way we need to teach in our classrooms. She points out that with blogs in that classroom give teachers another platform for students to learn. Not all students absorb the information right away, this gives them an outlet to write down what they learned and then get feedback from not only the teacher, but from other students and possibly parents. It also allows for the quite kids or kids who aren’t the best at articulating questions to ask questions and understand the curriculum without having to ask in person. She touches on having a classroom blog that would allow the students to post on a community like blog, I really like this idea. I think that in a Family and Consumer Science classroom that having a class blog would allow students to write reviews over what they cook, and what they make, of course this could also be don’t on individual blogs as well. But I can see all of the benefits that she talks about throughout her blog and will be implementing blogs in my classroom.

image